- Admissions FAQ
- 2020/2021 Application
- Notice of Intent to Enroll
- 20/21 High School Course Catalog
- Enrollment Information and Requirements
- SHAPA provides a tuition-free customized learning experience of at-home, online learning.
- SHAPA enrollment is open to all Oregon students from K-12.
- You will be contacted by a representative from our school within one business day (Monday through Thursday) to confirm your enrollment. Applications submitted in July: plan to hear from our office in the second week of August.
- If we cannot reach you to confirm enrollment within 48 hours, you will need to re-register. Please let us know if you have questions. We look forward to meeting you!
SHAPA AdmissionsWelcome to SHAPA! We are excited to meet you. Enrollment for the 2020/2021 school year is now open.
The vision of Sheridan AllPrep Academy is to provide a learning environment in which students are empowered to direct their education, take responsibility for their own learning, and take pride in their work. Our staff is committed to developing life-long learners and teaching students to think critically about their education, their lives, and the world around them.
Registration is available on the Sheridan AllPrep Academy web page. All students and parents who submit a completed registration form are entered into the lottery for enrollment. The lottery is conducted several times throughout the school year to fill available spaces.
Students who are selected for enrollment through the lottery will be contacted by the registrar or director and must fill out an Intent to Enroll form to submit to the school district in which they reside. The Intent to Enroll form must be submitted to the district and to the Sheridan AllPrep Academy registrar via email, FAX, or in person within two days of lottery selection. Failure to submit this form in two days will end the enrollment process.
The student’s resident school district has two weeks to approve or deny the transfer. Students who are approved will move on to the next step: onboarding. Students who are not approved may appeal the decision to the Oregon Department of Education.
If your transfer is approved by your resident school district, you will receive a phone call or email from the Sheridan AllPrep Academy registrar and director of technology to place you in the required onboarding course. Students have two school days to complete onboarding. Students who fail to complete onboarding in two days will not be enrolled.
Students and parents who begin the enrollment process but do not complete it according to the steps above must wait 30 calendar days before beginning the registration process again.
Students and parents who complete the enrollment process will be contacted by a teacher to set up a meeting and create the educational program. The registrar will request records from the previous school district and the director of technology will create all student accounts.
At the conclusion of each school year, students are required to fill out an Intent to Return to secure their space for the following school year. Students who do not fill out the Intent to Return will be unenrolled from the school at the conclusion of the school year.