SHAPA Early College
Early College is a dual enrollment program that offers high school students the opportunity to gain both high school credit and college credit at the same time. Students take classes through a local community college and gain credits that apply towards both their high school diploma and future college degree. Through full-time participation, students can even graduate high school with an Associate’s degree!
Criteria to Participate:
To participate in Early College, a student must, at minimum:
- be in strong academic standing
- demonstrate college readiness like self-advocacy and communication
- be enrolled with SHAPA as a high schooler, 14 years old or older
SHAPA Partners With:
- Portland Community College
- Chemeketa Community College
- Clackamas Community College
- Oregon Institute of Technology
How Do I Apply for SHAPA’s Early College Program?
If you are a current SHAPA student:
- Contact your Mentor Teacher and School Counselor to transition into the Early College program.
If you are not a current SHAPA student:
- Apply for SHAPA, indicating Early College interest on your application. Our Registrar and your new Mentor Teacher will contact you to get you started with the Early College Process.
Contact our Early College Advisor:
Kale Budgeon – email@example.com